As always – so much to do, so little time! We’ve made it easier by cherry-picking our favourite wellness events for the month of April. You’re welcome.
- Hemsley + Hemsley Cafe at Selfridges Body Studio: We were incredibly excited to hear that power sister duo Hemsley+Hemsley will be opening their first-ever café, which will serve recipes from Jasmine and Melissa Hemsley’s international bestselling cookbook The Art of Eating Well and the follow-up Good + Simple. The date is undisclosed, but we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled. Just.Can’t.Wait. hemsleyandhemsley.com
- 16th April – Sourdough Bread Masterclass at Made in Hackney: Sourdough bread is delicious. And also on the pricey side. Solution? Learn to make your own and channel your inner Paul Hollywood with this masterclass hosted by Tim Aldridge of Bread Club Hackney. Tickets on billetto.co.uk
- 30th April – Free From Food Festival 1st Edition: Eat clean foodies rejoice! Stock up on ‘free from’ gluten, sugar or dairy-free food products made in the UK and produced by local businesses of Hackney & Islington and Tower Hamlets. Support local and sample delicious, healthy treats? We’re so in. freefromfestival.co.uk
- 28th April – 2nd May: The Mindfulness Project Mindfulness Retreat: Fancy spending your bank holiday in the beautiful Norfolk countryside and explore mindfulness? The whole retreat is designed to help us reconnect with ourselves and nature to restore a sense of inner calm and balance. Hmm, thought so. Book a spot on londonmindful.com
- 29th April – 2nd May: Mind Body Spirit Festival: The yearly event returns bigger and better than ever. Your ticket will get you access to a full day of empowering talks, demos and workshops from wellness experts in their field. Grab your ticket at mindbodyspirit.co.uk
- 29th April – 1st May: Be Fit London: Wellness fans – trust us when we say you do not want to miss this. Here’s your chance to sample some of the best fitness classes in London and get tips from some of the most inspiring wellness experts around, such as Amelia Freer, Madeleine Shaw, Calgary Avansino, Tara Stiles and Natasha Corrett to name a few. Quite the line up! See you there. www.befitlondon.com
- 7th April – Julie Montagu Exclusive Talk and Book Launch at Selfridges: If you need a motivation boost, don’t miss this talk with Julie Montagu, one of the world’s top yoga instructors and inspirational speakers. She will be talking you through her book ‘Eat Real Food: Simple Rules on Health, Happiness and Unstoppable Energy’. Grab a signed copy at the event too! Tickets available on eventbrite.co.uk. If you can’t make this one, there’s also another date in May – details here.
- 9th April – Lambing Tour at The Daylesford Farm: Early April is a time for witnessing lambing season in full swing. Grab some fresh air in the Cotswolds and meet the newest additions to the family on the farm. Guaranteed to keep the kids (and parents) happily entertained! daylesford.com
- 19th April – How to Stay Clean in a Dirty World with Laura Bond: Lovely and inspiring nutritional health coach Laura Bond shares practical and scientifically proven tips to reducing your toxic load in the 21st century. One of our favourite subjects, obviously! Grab your spot at gracebelgravia.com
- 24th to 28th May – RHS Chelsea Flower Show: Green thumbs and flower fans – don’t miss this year’s edition, which includes an acoustic garden inspired by world-leading percussionist Dame Evelyn Glennie, and a A Modern Apothecary Garden inspired by conversations with medical professionals about what we can do to improve our own health with the help of plants. Tickets on rhs.org.uk
- 26th May – Auction Against Hunger 2016: The collaboration between actionagainsthunger.org.uk and brings the World’s Greatest Menu to London for one night only. Some of Britain’s best chefs including Nuno Mendes and some of the capital’s most talented street food traders will get together to provide superb food and great drinks. Proceedings will go to charity. Good food for a good cause is on top of our list!
- 11th June – Goodroots Festival: We’re excited to announce that we’ll be taking part at the first ever edition of Good Roots festival alongside some of our biggest wellness inspirations! An urban wellness and street food festival, it’s all about celebrating good food and good habits with talk, workshops and of course – natural beauty. More info to come – meanwhile, book your ticket on good-roots.eventcube.io
Like this month’s event picks? Get our May listing straight in your inbox! Sign up to our newsletter here.