Winter and constant washing is notorious for being unkind to hands. This can be very frustrating, especially when it seems you’ve tried absolutely everything to no avail. When this strikes, careful where you turn. Conventional hand creams often use some ingredient trickery to leave a nice smooth feeling on the skin – but it is often just a film of silicones which wears off without actually doing much to fix the problem. Instead, find out the natural hand creams we turn to:
For persistent dryness that sometimes seems irreparable, when applied regularly, the following organic hand creams may make all the difference. Keep one of these in your handbag to apply at regular intervals. Team with the overnight treatments below.
- • Amala Hydrating Hand Cream: Protect hands with this ultra-hydrating cream which absorbs quickly with little greasy residue. Combining avocado and macadamia nut oils, it is nourishing strengthen and condition weary hands.
- • Trilogy Ultra Hydrating Hand Cream: A deliciously fragrant blend of ultra-nourishing coconut, marula and rosehip oils mixed with super-softening Manuka honey, this unique hand cream includes antioxidant rich white tea to provide protection against free radical damage.
Hands are one of the first parts of the body to show signs of ageing. Give yours a daily anti-ageing treatment with one of these hand creams designed to do just that.
- • NUORI Vital Hand Cream: Formulated with botanical squalane, shea butter, grape seed and almond oils, this hand cream effectively restores the skin’s moisture levels and smoothes out fine lines. We’re all over the packaging too; never mind the Scandi-cool design, it also has an innovative tube with airless pump which protects the formula and keeps it fresh.
- • Amala Rejuvenating Hand Cream: Not only does this organic hand cream reduce the appearance of fine lines thanks to naturally anti-ageing cocoa bean, it also helps to reduce pigmentation spots thanks to licorice root.
- • Absolution Hand Cream: Formulated to repair hands from harsh weather conditions and repeated washing and varnish, this nourishing restorative cream fights against brown spots and strengthens nails too.
- • Oskia Renaissance Hand Cream: Formulated to combat age spots, this delicious rose-chamomile smelling cream is a lovely pink colour to boot! We love using ours as a nourishing overnight treatment – simply apply a thick layer to hands and cuticles and a pair of cotton gloves for super-soft hands by morning!
- • Nourish Argan and Kale Hand Cream: One of our all time favourites, this rich hand cream is ideal for mature hands and suitable for even the most sensitive of skin. Featuring an anti-irritation complex of ginger root extract to lighten dark spots and calm inflammation, this handy cream is a winter must-have.
We know, when skin is so dry and sore, it can be hard to know whether trying a new product will simply exacerbate existing symptoms. The following two are the gentlest of the bunch – however, be sure to still always patch test before use.
- • Pai Instant Hand Therapy Cream: Our go-to for soothing dry, chapped and sensitive skin, this clever hand cream offers the latest in bio-active ingredients to soothe and regenerate the driest of skin types. Quickly absorbed and non-greasy, this cream helps repair spent hands.
- • MV Skincare Hand Rescue Cream: Safe for use on sore skin, this intensive hand cream has been designed to soothe the most damaged of skin. For severe dryness with deep cracks and fissures, you’ll need concentrated repair action. Apply a liberal amount before bed and sleep with a pair of cotton gloves on.
Our Favourite Overnight Treatments
Whilst many of our hand creams can be used as an overnight treatment, here are a couple of our favourites:
- • Kahina Fez Hand and Body Balm: Combining some of nature’s richest plant butters, oils and organic beeswax to deeply infuse hands with much-needed moisture and protect skin from future dryness, this velvety thick balm is best applied overnight for silky hands come morning.
- • The Gentle Label Organic Healing Balm: Fusing cult ingredient Paw Paw with soothing Calendula, this rich and hydrating balm gently removes dead skin cells to allow new ones to surface, prepping skin for anti-inflammatory and wound-healing recovery. We love applying this one overnight, concentrating on cuticles and knuckles for an all-over hand treatment.