Whilst many choose to suffer in silence, enduring painful in-grown hairs, razor rash and irritated skin, many of our bearded loved ones have made the switch to men’s organic skincare and been pleasantly surprised by the change in their skin. We are often asked for recommendations on natural male grooming products and we find that men in particular are more interested in washing their faces in the morning.
Although what we’re about to say may sound controversial, it applies to everyone – if you only do one thing for your skin, swap this around. Focus on an intensive night-time cleanse. That’s when you need to wash off the pollution, oil and dirt from your day. You can even ditch the morning natural face wash and instead give your skin a gentle rinse upon waking.
For those of you who do opt for diving into bed without scrubbing your face or rinsing your beard, we’ve rounded up our favourite products to break the habit one step at a time.
Step-By-Step Organic Skincare For Men
- Begin by cleaning the skin with an organic cleanser. For those who can be put off by ‘beauty’ product packaging, we have a selection of men’s organic skincare to sit more neutrally by your bathroom sink.
- Whilst you may think the rules for face washing don’t apply to facial hair, think again. Unlike the hair on your head, beards are subject to food, cigarette smoke, a dash of whiskey or craft beer, burger crumbs, as well as general pollution and dirt. Give it at least an end-of-day rinse. If looking for a more eco friendly shaving kit, check out all our shaving & beards products. To maintain shine and softness, add a drop or two of beard oil.
- Finish the regime with a swipe of natural face lotion. Organic skincare for men doesn’t have to be fussy but if you’re feeling particularly enthused, a little organic eye cream goes a long way to hide the night before!
Read on for our organic skincare for men cheat sheet for a no-fuss routine – with options for every skin type.
— Morning Regime —
- • Muhle Organic Face Wash Gel: Made by the same company responsible for our eco friendly reusable razors, this vegan face wash nourishes and protects skin with argan oil and aloe vera.
- • Soapwalla Activated Charcoal Soap: Ideal for those with blemish-prone and combination skin, this bar gently yet deeply cleanses pores of toxins and bacteria to reveal smooth, clear skin.
- • MV Skincare Gentle Cleansing Bar: A must-have natural skin soother for dry skin types and those prone to shaving rash.
- • Muhle Organic Shaving Cream: With a light, smooth and highly conditioning consistency, this natural shave cream is designed for a wet shave with a safety razor.
- • Skin & Tonic Beard & Shave Oil: Designed to minimise post-shave dryness and irritation, this certified organic shaving oil makes for an easy and close shave, leaving skin supple and moisturised.
- • Intelligent Nutrients PureLuxe Shampoo: This clever shampoo doubles up as a shaving gel, softening hair and skin for a close, clean shave.
For Post- Shaving
- • Muhle Organic After Shave Balm: A skin soothing addition to your natural grooming routine which includes soothing calendula and anti-inflammatory chamomile.
- • Intelligent Nutrients Renewing Oil Serum: This soothing, restorative oil is great for reducing the appearance of redness and razor rash — ideal for pre- and post- shave regimens.
- • Dr Alkaitis Soothing Gel: Ideal as an after-shave soother for those with inflammatory skin conditions including acne, eczema and rosacea.
Prone to Sensitivity and Razor Rash
- • Odacite Sensitive Skin Booster: Calming chamomile is blended with calendula to assist in soothing skin and minimising redness post-shave.
- • MV Skincare Pure Jojoba: One of the best out there for soothing the dry, itchy, flaky symptoms of shaving rash.
For Ruddy Cheeks…
- • Pai Geranium & Thistle Day Cream: Great for sensitive and redness prone skin. The high levels of essential fatty acids help to calm unsettled skin and even out skin tone.
For Sensitive Skin…
- • Muhle Organic Face Cream: Fragrance free, this nourishing natural face lotion protects the skin by locking in moisture and supports smoothness.
For Normal Skin…
- • Kahina Face Lotion: Lightly scented and light on skin – this moisturiser is ideal for normal to combination complexions.
For Combination Skin…
- • Therapi Lemon Myrtle Honey Moisturiser: Designed to purify and condition congested skin types, promoting a clear complexion with a matte finish.
For Weather-Worn & Dry Skin…
- • Intelligent Nutrients Restorative Moisturising Emulsion: Designed to supplement the skin’s own moisture balance, this moisturiser is deceptively light, but rich in intensely hydrating emollients to deeply nourish dry skin.
— Night Regime —
For cleansing & moisturising…
Remember, this is where it counts so make it worth your while.
- • Skin & Tonic Steam Clean Cleanser: Direct form London’s East End, this cleanser is great for removing pollution and environmental agents that accumulate with inner city living.
- • Kahina Cleanser: Good for face washing in the shower and ‘shampoo-ing’ your beard.
- • Therapi Lemon Myrtle Honey Cleanser: Perfect for oily or combination skin-types, this anti-bacterial cleanser deeply cleans without drying the skin out.
Also double as night oils for skin.
- • Skin & Tonic Beard Oil: This specially formulated beard oil has been designed to strengthen locks and calm any ‘beard itch’.
- • Kahina Serum: Calming use this serum on your face before bed. Add a bit to your beard for a moisturising overnight treatment.
— Shower & Body —
- • Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic Shampoo and Conditioner: Offering a minty morning wake-up call, this natural shampoo and conditioner duo are for those who struggle to getting going in the morning.
- • John Masters Zinc and Sage Shampoo with Conditioner: A handy 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner to alleviate scalp itch and flaking.
- • Less Is More Kiesel Wax: For a firm hair hold. This men’s hair favourite is especially suited to fine hair types.
- • Rahua Hair Wax: Suitable for use on short hair to create height and definition.
- • John Masters Organics Hair Pomade: Great for taming and managing unruly or frizz prone hair.
- • Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic Body Wash: An invigorating wash, featuring therapeutic essential oils to calm and refresh the mind.
- • Schmidt’s Stick Deodorant: An easy natural and organic deodorant option, perfect for those just transitioning to natural skincare.
- • Soapwalla Deodorant: Gaining cult status over the past few years, a favourite with our male customers, don’t let the pot it comes in put you off. This deodorant is quick and easy to apply and melts easily into skin.
- • Abel Grey Labdanum: Dark incense and ambergris collide with warm patchouli in this harmonious unisex natural perfume. Find more natural and organic men’s fragrance ideas on the link.