With winter well and truly in full swing, we’ve put together a selection of our favourite natural beauty tinctures, therapies, recipes, tips and activities to inspire you to align body, mind and skin with the snowy season. So curl up next to a blazing fire, grab yourself a glass of our Winter Warm Smoothie and read on…
Suffering from a case of ‘winter skin’ – e.g. dehydrated or dry, tight and uncomfortable? To bring to you all things winter-skin health, we’ve called on our natural beauty experts to help us tackle the winter months. So, keep your skin soft and supple with our SOS Winter skin tips:
- Check out our favourite organic beauty products to quench dehydrated skin in winter here.
- Get our five organic skincare tips for dry skin
- Brush up on your dry body brushing skills
- Ban dry, chapped winter lips with our tips for lips.
- Combat winter-weary hands and keep them soft with our tips.
- Give your skin the ultimate in hydration with an overnight organic face mask.
- Just like your face needs a winter regimen update, so does your body – nourish it with our pick of #ContentApproved natural body balms.
Also, check out some of our tips for preventing dry winter skin:
- Give skin some TLC: If you feel as though your complexion is pale and your skin is scaly, flaky and dry, some TLC around the most susceptible areas (in most cases lips, eyes and hands) will instantly make you feel hydrated and refreshed. Try one of the moisturising masks from our guide for an instant dose of skin-loving re-hydration.
- Cleanse efficiently: Do so with a quality organic muslin cloth. The special criss-cross design of the weave will gently remove dry, dead skin.
- Lock in moisture: Apply 3 drops of an organic facial oil to the face and décolleté before getting in the shower or bath. This will minimise moisture loss and redness.
Also, why not treat your face to a hydrating, natural winter facial? Book your appointment here.
Another tool in our Winter skin protection kit is the seasonal de Mamiel Winter Oil, especially formulated to reduce redness, relieve sensitivity and prevent that persistent winter dryness that many of us experience alongside the season. It contains a blend of flower essences and essential oils to soothe winter-weary skin and work through the body’s acupuncture meridians to positively alter our mood and state of mind. A great natural way to help alleviate the winter blues get it here.
Mind & Soul: Yoga is one of our favourite ways to keep warm in the depths of winter. Aum Aromatherapy body oils and mists complement our yoga practice, helping us to relax our mind, open up breathing and calm the nervous system. Burning incense can also be a great way to still the mind. Certain incense aromas – such as those offered by Incausa have a calming effect and help to relieve built up tension in the muscles. We also love to use Palo Santo at home.
Exercise: Whilst darker mornings and evenings make early morning and post-work workouts seem a little daunting, it needn’t be that way, especially if you’re aware of the wonders that outdoor exercise has on your skin. We’re sure all #GreenBeauty winter outdoor exercisers will agree – the rosy glow after-effect that follows a brisk outdoor workout makes it all the worthwhile. If this isn’t enough to get you inspired, increased circulation (also known as the thermic effect) that results from brisk movement revs up the metabolism, aids in digestion and increases energy and alertness thanks to the increased supply of fresh oxygen – all the more reason to get outdoors!
Supplements: A winter supplement regime can help keep you healthy during cold and flu season. Taking the Wild Nutrition Immune Support daily and sipping on a cup of Four Sigmatic Instant Chaga Bulletproof Immunity will support your immune system, as will a daily dose of Vitamin C. The Synergy Co. Pure Radiance C can be easily mixed with your morning water, juice or yoghurt – it’s made from powdered fruits high in Vitamin C which means it is food-state. Don’t panic if you haven’t managed to dodge the lurgies. The optimized mixture of shiitake, echinacea and copper in Biocol Labs ‘Something for Achoos’ will support your immune system as it fights a cold. While you wait, the Isla Apothecary Reset Ritual Aromatherapy Pulse Point Therapy offers relief to cold and flu symptoms, including sneezing, congested sinuses and headaches.