Sometimes, the simple things in life are the best. Case in point: this warming green soup recipe by Radiance Cleanse, which is as green as their fresh, organic juices which we know and love! This quick and easy plant-based recipe is ideal to whip up, when our digestion may be feeling sluggish, overloaded and in need of a gentle detox.
Nutritionally speaking, green peas are a fantastic ingredient: packed with antioxidants and flavonoids, including vitamin C, iron, calcium, zinc, manganese and copper which help build strong bones, lower cholesterol, prevent osteoporosis and limit neuronal damage. Unique phytonutrients in green peas also provide key antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients like catechine and epichatin, which can help lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Christina Agnew, co-founder of Radiance Cleanse said: “I like my juices green and the same goes for my soups. So as well as making a cold pressed, organic juice part of my daily routine in cleanse season, I also love warm and nourishing vegetable soups. This one is super quick and easy, perfect in the evening when a lighter meal works best.”
- 1 ltr stock
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed or finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 300g frozen peas (or fresh if in season)
- 2 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 100g spinach
- Fill a pan with 1cm of water and place on medium heat. Add in garlic, celery and onions and place the lid on, before leaving to cook for five minutes. Make sure that the pan doesn’t run dry.
- Add in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Then, add the peas and turn down the heat. Let it simmer for three minutes.
- Finally, add in the spinach and mint, then leave to cook for another three minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat. Then, blend until you reach a smooth consistency – either using a blender or hand blender.
- Season to taste.
Optional: You can add a dash of olive oil for adding depth of flavour and/or lemon juice to help bring out the flavours. Garnish with mint leaves.