In the second part of our ultimate guide to getting the perfect base, we’ll be focusing on two other key tools in any #GreenBeauty’s arsenal to achieve a healthy glow: highlighters and bronzers. Read on to discover our favourite organic beauty offerings.
To try them on yourself, we would also advise you to book a ‘Detox Your Make Up Bag’ appointment in store, so we can assist you in finding the best matches for you! Especially useful if you’re making the switch to green beauty. Find out more information here.
Ahhhh highlighters – how we love them! If there’s one thing that will make you instantly perkier, awake and less tired, this is the magic tool to make you get that Content healthy ‘glow’. These are our favourites:
- W3LL PEOPLE Bio Brightener (picture 1): The rich, creamy formula in a stick instantly brightens complexions and adds dimension to your features, for a well-rested look. It also hydrates skin thanks to omega oils.
- Vapour Organic Beauty Trick Stick (picture 5): Apply a few quick strokes of this for an instantly brightened complexion and a bit of sparkle. Available in platinum and gold variants: it’s great for jazzing up your look for evening.
- Kjaer Weis Radiance Highlighter (picture 2): Apply this cream with fingers or using a foundation blush to add a subtle, pearl coloured ray of light. Protects and nourishes skin with raw, active ingredients. The beautiful packaging is a bonus!
- rms beauty Living Luminizer (picture 4): Magic in a pot! It creates a perfect healthy, sheer glow without leaving a greasy or glittery residue. Apply with fingers on cheekbones, bridge of nose and cupid bow to add ‘life to the face’ and nourishes from within thanks to raw, organic oils. For darker skin tones we LOVE the Solar Eye Polish as a highlighter.
- ILIA Beauty Polka Dots & Moonbeams Illuminator (picture 6): We’re hooked on this subtle highlighter, which adds the right amount of glow and dimension to skin, nourishing it with Rose Hip Oil. Avid Ilia fans will be happy to see that the Cosmic Dancer Illuminator, which has a more golden hue, is back in the range.
Sadly, bronzers have been getting a bit of a bad reputation of late (contouring overkill, anyone?), but who could do without? Not us! When applied correctly (ie. non-streaky or splotchy), they are a must to shrug off winter pallor and transform us to bronzed babes in no time. Here are the organic bronzers we’re wearing:
- W3LL People Bio Bronzer (picture 3): We apply this bronzer with a kabuki brush to instantly create the appearance of healthy, glowing, sun-kissed skin. Works a treat at evening out skin tone and diminishing redness. Team with a few swipes of the new Universalist Colourstick for a sheer, bronzed effect.
- Vapour Organic Beauty Solar Translucent Bronzer: This bronzer starts sheer, but can be built to create a more dramatic look. Perfect for a ‘fresh-from-the-beach’ natural glow! Plus, it’s packed with anti-oxidant and nourishing properties.
- rms beauty Buriti Bronzer: There are bronzers – and then there is the ‘Buriti’. We love this universal cream bronzer, which works on ‘all’ skin tones! Ultra sheer, it gives just the right amount of warm, translucent, sun-kissed glow and feeds skin with raw active ingredients including Buriti Oil and Cacao Seed Butter.
- Studio 78 Paris We Evade Bronzing Powder: Long-lasting, with a sophisticated finished, we’re fans of this pressed mineral formulation made from natural mineral powders and organic vegetal oils. Ideal for carrying in your hand bag and touching up throughout the day.
- ILIA Beauty Sway Illuminate and Bronzer: Forget orange, streaky bronzers! Apply this gorgeous, gold, sunny hue to cheekbones, brow bones, inner corner of eyes, bridge of nose and pout of lower lip for an instantly fresh, dewy glow. Looks great on medium to dark complexions.
GET THE GUIDE: The Perfect Base