The summer countdown is on! This means we’re in full body-skin-prep-mode at #ContentHQ with natural and organic body scrubs for summer. Luckily, we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeves for smooth and soft skin all over, so we can be ready to rock those sleeveless and tights-less outfits as the mercury rises.
For starters, we’re devotees of the dry body brushing technique, which you can ‘brush up’ on here. Then, we’re exfoliating and buffing away dead skin cells with our favourite organic body scrubs. Whilst we love potent natural and organic formulations which are good for skin, we also like to think about the environment and ensure that the products we use as free from ‘micro plastics’ – the little exfoliating beads used in many mainstream scrubs. Micro plastics found in some scrubs have been banned in the UK, as they slip through wastewater treatment plant filtering systems and ending up in oceans and rivers. What’s more, studies show that once organisms low in the food chain have accidentally ingested these tiny particles they can eventually end up in the fish we eat!
While the problem certainly needs addressing on a large scale, we’re willing and eager to make a difference by sticking to our organic and natural alternatives, which are biodegradable and free from plastic particles. If you are too, check out our top natural and organic body scrubs for smooth body skin:
- Evolve Tropical Blossom Body Polish: This scrub will whisk you away to Tahiti while leaving you with silky smooth skin. Fine particles of organic sugar are mixed with natural Tahitian coconut Monoi macerated in exotic Tahitian blossoms of Gardenia to gently buff the skin. When combined with water, this scrub turns into a creamy milk that rinses away easily, leaving your skin soft and smelling of exotic natural hibiscus.
- Isla Apothecary: We’re partial to homegrown natural beauty products. Enter the Isla Apothecary Body Scrubs: currently we’re hooked on the revitalising scent of the Coffee & Cinnamon Body Polish, but the Blood Orange and Vanilla Scrub is next on the list. Both are made from natural exfoliating ingredients such as raw organic sugar cane and Dead Sea salt. Meanwhile, the jojoba oil, shea butter and coconut oil soften and nourish skin – without leaving it too oily.
- Nathalie Bond Organics Lemongrass Body Scrub: This handmade scrub harnesses the skin healing properties of lemongrass essential oil. Used alongside Dead Sea salt and coconut and jojoba oils, the antiseptic and astringent properties of lemongrass are ideal for getting even and radiant skin. The smell is also sure to brighten up your shower – and your mood – in the morning.
- Weleda Birch Body Scrub: Made with natural plant-wax pearls, not only is it kind to the environment, but it’s a naturally detoxifying treatment for skin too thanks to the organic and bio-dynamically grown Birch Leaf Extract. While the plant-wax buff dead skin cells, the natural plant oils soothe and moisturise. We’re fans of its uplifting, woody aromatherapeutic scent too.
- Sister and Co: Renowned for the clever use of coffee grounds, Sister and Co deliver a caffeine hit for your skin and now a Matcha hit too. Take you pick they’re both blended with organic coconut sugar and pink Himalayan salt to naturally remove dead skin.
Read more: Brush Up On Dry Body Brushing