If chocolate eggs aren’t your thing, try this delectable vegan recipe for Pistachio & Rosewater Biscotti, pictured top right and created by 21 year old vegan blogger Alexander Harvey for Chickpea Magazine. Pair these delicious treats with a cup of Ceylon and Rose Tea for a flower scented Easter Afternoon Tea.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp rose water
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup unrefined golden caster sugar
- 1 ¾ cup plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup pistachio kernels
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F and line a cookie sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the flaxseed, almond milk, sugar and oil.
- Stir in half of the flour and the baking powder. Using a fork, fold in the pistachios.
- Add in the remaining flour and stir together, if it becomes too hard to stir, then knead it with your hands in the bowl until fully combined.
- Shape the dough into two 9” by 3” logs and place on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the office and allow to cool.
- Pop the oven back onto 160°C/320°F and slice the logs into ½” thick slices on a chopping board. Line another sheet with greaseproof and spread the slices of biscotti out between the two trays. Bake for another 20-30 minutes until the biscotti are crisp and dry.
- Cool the slices on a wire rack, then pack into an air-tight jar to store.