This month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and over the years we have received lots of customer feedback on the products people have found most useful during treatment. Just because someone may not feel good on the inside – doesn’t mean they can’t look it on the outside, this aspect alone can have an affect on our feel-good factor. So whether you’re treating yourself or a loved one, sometimes all it takes to lift the spirits when faced with bad news or uneasy feelings is a kind gesture. Read on for our customer approved guide to treatment treats…..
Dealing With Sensitivity… Skin can become more sensitive than usual during treatment so switching to a range designed specifically for sensitivity may help. Three such ranges are Pai Skincare, Twelve and Rms Beauty. Our favourite gift idea from the Pai Skincare collection is their Bioregenarate Rosehip Oil – an intensely nourishing and beautifully smelling oil that helps stimulate the skins natural repair function. While Twelve has a lovely Day Cream and the Rms Beauty Coconut Cream and Beauty Oil both make lovely gifts.
Keeping Scalp in good condition…
- John Masters Zinc and Sage Shampoo with Conditioner: This moisturising shampoo and conditioner in one keep’s the scalp hydrated thanks to the inclusion of zinc and sage – natural scalp regulators that help to alleviate itching and flaking.
- Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask: Working to rejuvenate and heal damaged hair, this conditioning treatment is great for treating the hair as it starts to grow back and makes the hair incredibly soft while taking care of scalp health.
- Less is More Herbal Tonic: If scalp flaking this herbal tonic containing eight natural phyto-extracts relieve associated dryness and discomfort.
Soothe dry lips… Another issue people often need help with is quite sore chapped lips.
- Amala Soothing Lip Salve this rich nourishing salve is great for those prone to sensitive, delicate lips.
- De Mamiel Rosey Lip Balm: makes an ideal little gift as it comes already packaged in a cute gift box. With essential oils of rose otto, rose geranium and rose wax heart makes it tastes delicious too.
- Hurraw Moon Lip Balm: This lip balm has been specially formulated to hydrate, heal and restore dry lips overnight whilst lulling its wearer to sleep with its calming scent of Vanilla and Peru Balsalm.
Colour therapy…sometimes all you need is a little colour to brighten the day.
- ILIA Lip Conditioner’s: Combining the moisturising oils of Jojoba, Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E. For hospital visitors Blossom Lady is the perfect sheer pink shade.
- Tata Harper Be Adored: Tell someone you love them with this rose tinted lip treatment.
- RMS Beauty Smile: We like this Lip2cheek colour in ‘Smile’ for a great natural finish on lips or cheeks and the sentiment it shares – the gift of a smile.
- Kjaer Weis Goddess: Tell someone they are one!
- Pai Comfrey and Calendula Body Cream: Formulated for sensitive skin this rich body lotion is great for very dry or irritated skin. Containing a host of essential fatty acids to promote skin suppleness, star ingredient comfrey has been included to support the skins natural repair function – ideal for when treatment dries it out.
- Dr Alkaitis Nourishing Treatment Oil: Featuring a scent that people find particularly soothing during treatment, this nourishing oil works to heal scars, improve skin elasticity and soften and nourish dry or damaged skin and can be used on the face, body and even the scalp.
Feet and Nails…
- AEOS Nail Treatment: Made from Vitamin E rich spelt oil, this conditioning nail and cuticle treatment protects and restores dry, cracked and damaged nails.
- Coconut Oil: Don’t overlook this one – it works as a potent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal treatment which helps keep nail-beds in good condition if nails fall off. Massage it on nightly.
- Tata Harper Stress Treatment: One of our favourite aromatherapy treatments for calming mind and body, the blend of Linden Blossom, Frankinscence and Rose Otto are particularly calming combined with the essence of neroli to uplifts mood – this is a great one to have on hand for times of anxiety and stress.
- May Lindstrom Jasmine Mist: Containing an array of potent plant actives this mist calms red and inflammation prone complexions and is lovely spritzed from head to toe to soothe and lift the mood.
- Jane Kersel Candles: Each of Jane Kersel’s beautiful candles possesses a particular energetic emphasis, a simple written and audio meditation practice online and semi-precious crystals hand-picked to to create a positive shift in ones energy and environment. We love!
- Skin & Tonic Calm Balm: Great as an instant calm-restorer this multifunctional balm features Roman Chamomile, English Lavender and Welsh Calendula oils to soothe in moments of stress. Great for sleep.
Good Reads….. Check out Jessica Jone’s Chemo Chic – Surviving Cancer in Style for some of the best advice we have come across.