A great liquid foundation can be a girl’s best friend – able to cover blemishes, tone down ruddy cheeks and give you a naturally glowing complexion. For those of you who tried organic make up some time ago and were not impressed by the chalky thick formulations that were on offer, you’ll be pleased to know that things have moved on considerably in the past few years. We’ve put together a list of what we consider to be some of the best foundations from leading natural and organic make up brands. Based on the number of make-up artists from film, tv and stage alongside other beauty boutique chains shopping from these brands, we are pretty sure you’ll find something to like.
Those blessed with a healthy complexion (we are jealous!) might just need a little help in a few areas.
1) Oy Cover & Clear Spot It! is a versatile product, perfect for young skin. It may be used on its own as a spot cover, or added to moisturiser to give an all over light coverage. It contains green tea, pineapple and tea tree, which are known for their antioxidant and healing properties so that it (as the name states!) clears as well as covers. Most suitable for normal and oily/combination skin.
2) The rms beauty ‘un’ cover-up is aptly named. Suitable for the odd blemish, crease of the nose, under eyes and to tone down redness, this concealer balm lives up to its name. A very natural looking organic make up base for an uncovered look. Great for all skin types.
For the next stage in natural make up coverage there are two tinted moisturers worth mentioning, starting with the lightest of coverage…
1) Jane Iredale Dream Tint is an SPF 15 tinted moisturiser that gives protection, light coverage and is very easy to work into your usual regime. Perfect for summer skin that needs a little protection and a healthy glow. Lots of colours to suit all skin tones. Light enough for all skin types.
2) Sukicolor Tinted Moisturiser again with an SPF 15 and slightly more coverage. The Suki range was created from their ever popular organic skin care base. Cleverly, all they needed to do was add mineral make up colours and you have an organic tinted moisturiser that treats the skin as you wear it. With just the two colours available – porcelain, pale as the name suggests or natural which I switch to in summer, this range doesn’t have lots of options but they do tend to blend into a variety of skin tones. The finish is a little tacky on application but settles in to leave your skin glowing which is perfect for drier skin.
Although our two choices for organic foundations offer more coverage these are by no means heavy. Due to improvements in organic base formulations and mineral colours these still look natural and won’t leave a caked finish. Both foundations are certified organic.
1) Nvey Eco Organic Liquid Foundation – a medium coverage that can be built up in areas. This foundation contains chamomile, cucumber and organic calendula which makes it perfect for sensitive skin. We have had people report that it is the only foundation that hasn’t irritated their eyes. This is a moisturising formula so great for normal – dry skin.
2) Inika Liquid Mineral Foundation – this is the most recent launch. Inika have taken their renowned mineral powder foundation and put it into a liquid base. Packed full of organic antioxidants, vitamins and minerals this foundation is more like a skin treatment – we love the Green tea extract and Sea Buckthorn Berry included in the base. This leaves quite a matte finish but doesn’t clog the pores and has amazing staying power. With 4 colours to choose from this is a slightly smaller range than Nvey Eco but we are loving the soft tube which you can squeeze every last drop out of! Suitable for all skin types especially normal and oily/combination skin.